July 31, 2012

Brazil VI - São Paulo.


We had the chance to go to São Paulo two times that week. Once for a bit of shopping, and twice for a bit more sightseeing and lunch. 

São Paulo. You beautiful city. 

Pigions. 


Sammy at the City hall .. .


Map of Brazil again at the city hall... 




Municipal theatre...








A glimpse of inside the theatre.. too bad we couldn't go in to take pictures .. 
So very Downton Abbey-esque!






We took the train to downtown and got off at Luz station. 




I remember walking up the steps from the platform to the doors leading out of the station as a little girl, and to this day this place strikes me as so beautiful, ethereal. I love the white. I love the high ceilings, each twist, turn, pillar and cranny.  














Green in the middle of São Paulo.















At the city squares you see all kinds of things.. people putting on shows...


In different ways...


A whole day of this.. shopping here ..  shopping there .. 


And as we shopped.. I saw for the first time, x-large sized mannequins ... 


 And after a productive shopping spree, we get our bags, and hop back on the train...



And left the city and sun behind us ... 


6 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. That architecture is so gorgeous! What a beautiful city.
    I have to tell you a funny thing. I don't know what Luz means in Spanish (is it just a name?), but seeing those sign made me laugh. My mom told us that when she was a teenager, she wanted to name a daughter Luz. She didn't, but now we've given my older sister the nickname 'Luz'. I'll have to show her the pictures.
    Thanks for sharing you beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luz means Light in both Spanish and Portuguese. (: That is funny! Glad you liked. (:

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE all of the old-style buildings!!! So beautiful and full of so much history.

    Those plus-sized mannequins made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a kick out of the mannequins too! :D Me too. Love the architecture. (:

      Delete
  3. Larissa, how were you able to leave this beautiful place! I enjoyed these photos so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same way I always do.. . Crying like a baby and counting the months to be back .. (:

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics