July 30, 2012

Brazil V - Hiking.

 After the meetings in SumarĂ© and the meeting up with friends I hadn't seen in years we had the opportunity to explore one of Brazil's beautiful trails into its sierras  .. woah woah woah. Let's back up. I haven't introduced my friends to you have I? I'm very bad at this. I'm sorry. We'll begin again.

 In SumarĂ© I was delighted to meet up with three friends...

 Lizmary, from DR, Isabel from Ecuador, and Junior from Brazil. Except ..all three live in Massachusetts. And we met up in Brazil. Yes, life is colorful like that. Anyways, I hadn't seen them since a couple of years ago in another camp meeting we had in the states. However, this time around we had the chance to spend a bit more time together as they spent a week with a us at grandma's house enjoying Brazil.

 On Wednesday, Uncle D. took us hiking on a trail from Mogi das Cruzes down the sierras towards the Atlantic. We ended the trail before reaching the beach, but we did walk the whole day with a couple of stops by the rivers and waterfalls. The scenery, the greenery, the foliage and water is completely gorgeous and I can say that the day spent in nature was a complete blessing.

In the front, Lizmary, Isabel, Moi, Junior..


And here we go.. beginning of the trail..


The first river crossing we came to.. 


The water was refreshingly cool, so so clear and wonderful to wade in ...




Somewhere down there is a highway and traces of civilization..


Spots of red up up up high..


And now the fun truly began. Lizmary slipped and fell.. 



These two are so much fun, such good sports, and made my trip to Brazil so much funner and richer full of giggle attacks, songs, random jokes and company.


Perfect illustration as to why my swimming instructor is always yelling at me to keep my wrists locked. Thank goodness I'm a woman..


Over tree trunks... 


Or under...


Junior. The tree hugger.




Fire ants...


First glimpses of the waterfall...



Time for food and rest and gaping at waterfalls...





And the adventure continued, this time with Izzy taking a bad fall on the slippery rocks...







So peaceful, so beautiful, so green..





So now we had to cross this river..from this side, to the other. Which means we had to wade through almost chest deep mountain water... 


And sunset came... 


The waterfall we left behind...


Wet,


tired, 


sore, but happy... 


and still silly. 


And down there..the lights... the seashore...the Atlantic. 

It was beautiful. It was wonderful. But it was amazing to get back home and take a warm shower and go straight to bed. Can't wait 'til next time! 

7 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. That is sooooo incredibly cool!! What a fantastic experience and adventure. Made even more special with friends from afar (ish). Hope no one was injured in this falls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelia, and it really was. Just very sore, but I they were fine. (:

      Delete
  2. I wish I was on that hike with you! So amazingly beautiful!!!

    My daughter would want to know if you saw any unicorns behind that rainbow ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course there were! But they galloped away and nobody believes me! But you do, right?

      Delete
  3. Wow! Love the pictures you took. The scenery is breathtaking. I love the greenery and waterfalls. Wish I was there walking with you! I love that you all got together and had time giggling and making memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie. It really was wonderful. (:

      Delete
  4. Your photos are so amazing it's almost like being there--I can almost feel and hear the mist from the waterfalls. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics